FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do we need to provide anything for outdoor sessions?
– No, all equipment is provided by Active Outdoor Discovery. Access to a photocopier to produce maps will be required.
What should children wear for outdoor sessions?
– Clothing appropriate for being outdoors in the weather conditions on that day. In cold weather, a warm coat (plus hat and gloves), in hot weather, cool clothing and sun protection should be advised. In wet weather, suitable coat and footwear are advisable.
Do children need to change into PE kit for “Map Skills/Mini-Orienteering” sessions?
– No, comfortable clothing and footwear appropriate for the weather is fine.
What happens to outdoor sessions in the event of bad weather?
– The sessions will run as planned – maps will be put in waterproof cases and children can wear appropriate clothing.
Do we need to provide anything for indoor workshops?
– Access to a PC or laptop is required together with a projector/interactive whiteboard
How are bookings confirmed?
– An e-mail detailing the sessions booked, date and timings and a breakdown of costs is sent to the school office at the time of booking.
How do we pay?
– Roughly one week prior to the sessions an invoice from Active Outdoor Discovery will be sent to the school office. The preferred method of payment is to take a cheque away on the day. If the school prefers to settle via BACS, all necessary information is included on the invoice.